Ex-Demo Celestron NexStar 8SE Telescope
Save over £1,000 with this fantastic offer. Ex-demo telescope package in great condition. There are a few marks on the travel case due to transport and the label is slightly worn but the telescope is in fantastic condition. This is only available for collection or delivery within 40 miles of our office. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- The world’s most beloved telescope! The classic, 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain revolutionized amateur astronomy in the 1970s. Now, the iconic “orange tube” design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- Large, 8-inch aperture with excellent light-gathering ability provides spectacular views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Whirlpool Galaxy and Hercules Globular Cluster.
- Fully automated, GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
- Unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 203.2 mm (8 in)
Focal Length: 2032 mm (80 in)
Focal Ratio: 10
Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 81 x
Star Diagonal: 1.25"
Mount Type: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
Tripod: Steel (sku 93593)
Power Requirements: 8-AA batteries (not included)
Highest Useful Magnification: 480 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 29 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.69 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 843 x
Apparent Field of View: 0.63 °
Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 33 ft (10 m)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 2.5 in (64 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 31%
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 9.77%
Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT
Optical Tube Length: 17 in (432 mm)
Total Telescope Kit Weight: 24 lbs (11 kg)
Tripod Weight: 9 lbs (4.08 kg)
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South
Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
Communication Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control, Autoguider port, Aux port
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects