Bresser Messier 10" Dobsonian Telescope
- Newton optics with parabolic primary mirror made from H-PZ33 low expansion glass material
- 2.5" HEX focuser with rack & pinion drive
- Large altitude wheels provide smooth and precise movement even at high magnifications
- 6x30 finder and SPL 25mm eyepiece included
- 9-point flotation system mirror cell for the for primary maximizes optical performance
- Tube rings facilitate the use of the optics on equatorial mounts
- The parts or the rocker-box are connected with metal furniture fasteners for easy assembly and dissasembly
The Bresser Messier 10" dobsonian is simply a breakthrough. Despite of its low price this telesccope offers a versatility and quality rivaling a lot more expensive telecopes. The optical diameter of 254mm (10") does not restrict your observations on solar system objects like the moon or the planets - you can reach farther into the sky and explore globular and open clusters, nebulae and galaxies.
With this telescope the majority of those objects are showing structures: globular clusters are no longer only fuzzy blobs, but are resolved into masses of individual stars. Nebulae that can only be barely detected in smaller scopes, reveal structures within. The telescope is setting a new standard in versatility: the excellent Hexafoc focuser boosts a free diameter of 65mm (2,5") so that you do not have vignetting in big widefield eyepieces that is caused by smaller focuser barrels.
The big altitude wheels handle those big, heavy eyepieces without problems - and when you intend to load even more (like a binocular viewer with two eyepieces) then you can move the tube in its tube rings and achieve balance within seconds. The excellent rigidity of the focuser makes focusing a snap - even for astrophotography. This is another virtue of this highly versatile telescope system: you can remove the altitude wheels from the tube rings, attach a dovetails and use the optical tube on a equatorial mount for astrophotography - in minutes.
The focuser is handling even heavy cameras tilt and shifting-free. You are extremely demanding in your image sharpness? No problem - with the optional 10:1 gear reduction sharp images are easy. If you consider, that the focuser is that part of the telescope that is used most often, you will recognise the quantum leap this Hexafoc represents in a telescope of this price range.
With the included standard accessories (6x30-finder and 25mm SPL-eyepiece) the telescope is ready for observing.
If you need to transport or store the telescope as compact as possible you will like this: the rocker box of the 10" Bresser Messier assembles and dissassembles extremely easy and fast due to the use of metal standard furniture fasteners. So you can transform the bulky rocker box into a handy flat package of boards.
This telescope is setting a new standard in usability, versatility and performance in its price class.
- Diameter of primary mirror: 254 mm
- Focal length: 1270 mm
- 2,5" HEXAFOC-Fokuser
- Primary mirror made of low expansion glass
- Shifting-free focussing even with heavy accessories
- Tube can be shifted in the rings for easy balancing
- Decomposable rocker box
- Altitude bearings are connected to tube rings
- Optics usable on other mounts
- Adjustment and locking screws have different diameters
Scope of Delivery
- Newtonian optical tube assembly
- 25mm SuperPlössl eyepiece (Ø 31,7 mm / 1,25")
- 1 Tube extender 37,5mm for 2.5" Hexafoc
- 1 Reducer 50,8 mm to Ø 31,7
- 2 Tube-rings
- 2 Altitude bearings
- 1 rockerbox with 2 ground boards and assembly material
Dimension of shipping box No.1: 134x44x44cm - 19.0kg
Dimension of shipping box No.2: 61x61x24cm - 17.
***Bresser Delivery Information***
Please be aware this product takes 3-5 days for delivery. Call us on 01244 888812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to check stock prior to ordering.
OPTICAL SPECIFICATIONS Optical design Newtonian Reflector Maximum recommended magnification 500 Material Primary mirror Special low expansion H-PZ33 Primary mirror diam. 254 mm Secondary mirror diameter 74 mm Mirror/Lens diam. 254 mm Focal length 1270 mm Aperture ratio 5 Finderscope 6 x 30 mm Mount Type Dobson GENERAL TECHNICAL DATA Focusing system 2.5" Hexafoc Colour white Ext. warranty after online registration* 10 Years DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS Net weight OTA (incl. accessories) 13 kg Total length 132 cm Total width 51 cm Total height 51 cm Tube diameter 300 mm Tube length 120 mm Net Weight total (incl. accessories) 27.9 kg Net weight mount (incl. accessories) 16.4 kg